Tips For Ending A Bad First Date
First dates are hard enough, but when they are bad or you just aren’t feeling any connection, they can be very awkward. Most everyone has had at least one date that they wish would have never happened.
When a first date isn’t going good, you’re not the only one who is probably wishing the date was over. Sometimes the best thing you can do for both of you is end it as quickly as possible.
The best approach, when a date is going bad, is the direct approach. Don’t beat around the bush. Being nice can send mixed signals to him or her and possibly lead to some unwanted and awkward advances.
Steps for ending a first date:
(1) Thank him or her for a nice date and tell them that you like them but you don’t think there is a connection between the two of you.
(2) Don’t try to skip out on the date by leaving while they are in the bathroom or they are ordering a drink, just finish the date as quickly as you can without being too obvious or rude.
(3) Limit the information that you divulge. He or she doesn’t need to know where you live, where you work, where your kids go to school or any other personal information. Your anonymity at this point is very important.
(4) Don’t tell your date that you would like to be friends. This doesn’t set well for either gender and it sends mixed messages about your feelings and intentions. If your date is a man, men are not good at reading signals from women. They are constantly reading between the lines and trying to make sense of every gesture you make. If you’re not completely blunt about your feelings, He is very likely to read into something that you said or did to indicate to him that you are interested.
(5) At the conclusion of the date, don’t make any physical contact at all. No kiss. No pat on the shoulder. Don’t even shake their hand if you can help it. Just thank them again and wish them luck on their future dates.
Don’t let the idea of potential bad dates scare you off from online dating. Nothing good is ever easy so endure any bad dates that may be in store for you. It will be worth it when you finally find your soul mate.
This article is brought to you by Free Dating Site.